- 2.3 ounces brown rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 ⅛ ounces tapioca flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.8 ounces almond meal flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.05 ounces sweet white sorghum flour (about 1/4 cup)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- Cooking spray
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- Step 2Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, granulated sugar, and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, melted butter, oil, and eggs; stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in chocolate minichips.
- Step 3Place 15 paper muffin cup liners in muffins cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Spoon batter into prepared cups. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan.
Per Serving: 177 calories; fat 9g; saturated fat 3.3g; mono fat 2.7g; poly fat 0.9g; protein 3.1g; carbohydrates 24g; fiber 1.8g; cholesterol 36mg; iron 0.9mg; sodium 137mg; calcium 51mg.