Ingredients for Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken & Veggies
- Olive Oil – Extra virgin
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs – We used Farmer Focus organic chicken
- Bell Pepper – Cored, seeded, and diced
- Salt and pepper – To taste
- Coconut milk – Helps make the sauce creamy
- Lime – Juice and zest
- Soy Sauce – Can use gluten-free
- Garlic – Minced
- Fresh ginger – Peeled and grated
- Cayenne pepper – For a little spice
- Frozen peas – No need to defrost
- Brown rice – For serving
Easy directions for this one-pot meal
- Chicken: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the chicken is browned on both sides and no longer pink in the middle, 6 to 10 minutes (depending on thickness). Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Sauce: Still over medium heat, whisk in the coconut milk, lime zest and juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer and cook while stirring occasionally until the sauce is smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine: Add the chicken and peppers back to the pan along with the peas and cook until everything is heated all the way through, another couple minutes. Season with salt and serve over brown rice.