It is recommended to eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Here are some ways to sneak in extra servings!
- Snack on raw vege sticks in between meals. Try dipping them in hummus or guacamole to make them more interesting and filling.
- Throw together an easy breakfast smoothie with fresh fruit and baby spinach. Add some chia or flax seeds to get some omega 3’s.
- Add more cooked vegetables to dinner. A serving of vegetables is 1/2 cup when cooked.
- Mix vegetables into pasta or rice to add volume and texture.
- Try eating fruit for dessert instead of candy or sweets.
- Add fruit to your morning cereal or oatmeal. Add some almonds or walnuts to make it more balanced and filling.
- Choose plain Greek yogurt to reduce sugar but add your own fruit for flavor.
- Opt for fresh fruits and vegetables over juice when possible. You get more fiber and less sugar.
- Never give up! It takes time to create new, healthy habits. Try to gradually make changes and it will feel much easier and less overwhelming!